WHAT VELONTRA DOES
- Research and develop air-breathing hypersonic vehicle technology with defense and commercial applications
- Prototype fully integrated systems utilizing Velontra’s enabling technologies
- Testing and validation of full-scale prototypes
We are a small, tenacious, and agile business capable of producing technology much faster and more cost effectively than traditional large defense primes.
- Hypersonic Weapons Technology
- Accelerating Development and Reducing the Cost of the Propulsion Design Cycle
- Attritable Aerospace Solutions
- Innovative Problem Solving
- Mission Accomplishment
- Transforming the Defense of Freedom
- Total Accountability
Velontra uses the F.A.S.T. methodology to accelerate the design cycle, thereby fostering innovation and reducing costs
We design fast, build fast and make things move fast. Period.
Our UAV’s are designed to be attritable. That’s why our cost efficiency is so critically important.
We create designs that can be modified to multiple scales of size and speed.
We learn by doing. Hold it, test it, break it. Fail Fast and Fail Forward. This hardware rich approach enables us to reduce risk and mature the technology faster.
Craig B. Whelden
- Major General, U.S. Army (ret)
- Senior Executive Service (SES) USMC (ret)
- Purdue University ROTC Hall of Fame
- Four time award winning, #1 international best selling author
- Global Fortune 500 speaker
- Ten years Force Recon Marine
- CDR, 3rd Force Dive Locker
- MSAE Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
- GE Aviation Exhaust System Design
- BAE Principal Engineer on railgun launchers for hypersonic projectiles
- First employee at Hermeus Corp; created Turbine based Combine Cycle Ramburner
- Worked in afterburner design at GE Aviation
- MSAE GA Institute of Technology
- Harvard Law School Business and Corporate Lawyer
- 30+ years in a variety of industries including Merger and Acquisition efforts for multiple Cincinnati businesses
- Start up expertise